Best Things To Do In Stockholm When It’s Cold And Snowing
If you’re visiting Stockholm in the winter, there are plenty of things to do to make the most of your time. In addition to visiting some of Stockholm’s iconic attractions like Gamla Stan and the Royal Palace, there are plenty of other things to do that will keep you entertained and warm. Here are five fun ideas for when it’s cold and snowing in Stockholm:
- Head to Djurgården and enjoy a traditional Swedish winter walk. This park has a wide variety of trails perfect for all levels of walkers and heated shelters along the way if needed. If you’re looking for an extra challenge, try one of the longer trails!
- Have some Christmas cheer at Kräftigarnas Konsthall. This art gallery is decorated in a festive style and features a variety of festive exhibitions throughout December. The museum also has Xmas markets on Saturdays from November 25th to December 8th, so be sure to stop by if you’re in the area!
- Indulge in some tasty Nordic cuisine at one of Stockholm’s many restaurants serving up traditional Scandinavian dishes such as smörgåsbord (a buffet-style meal with various types of meat, fish, cheese, and dessert), lutfisk (a type of dry herring) or ris (rice pudding). There’s something for everyone here!
- Have some family fun at Hantverkargatan Skulptur
Go skiing in the mountains
If you’re looking for an adrenaline-pumping winter activity that will keep you entertained all day, skiing in the mountains is the perfect option. There are plenty of ski resorts in and around Stockholm, so you can find the perfect one for your experience level.
Stockholm’s ski resorts are located in both the inner city and the outer suburbs, so you’ll have plenty of options no matter where you stay. And even if it’s cold outside, getting lost in Stockholm’s snowy streets will be worth it. Just be sure to bring a warm coat and some boots – Sweden’s famous snow isn’t exactly accessible without proper attire!
In addition to skiing, another great way to spend a winter day in Stockholm is exploring its many galleries and museums. You’ll never run out of things to see here – from medieval castles to modern art galleries; there’s always something new to explore. And if you’re feeling adventurous, check out one of Sweden’s legendary ski jumps – they’re not for the faint of heart!
Spend time at the spa
Cold winter days in Stockholm can be spent indoors binge-watching Netflix or taking a hot bath. But there are also some great things to do outdoors when the weather is nice enough, especially if you want to spend some time at the spa! Here are six of our favorite spa experiences in Stockholm when it’s cold and snowing:
- Get a massage at the Spa Nordica. This luxurious spa offers an array of massages, body treatments, and facials to soothe and rejuvenate you on those cold winter days. Treat yourself to an amazing Swedish massage that will leave your body relaxed and smooth.
- Visit Royal Castle Drottningholm Palace. This iconic royal residence is open to the public from December through March each year. During these months it’s customary to visit during the colder months for its magical atmosphere, complete with towering Christmas trees and snowflakes falling from the sky! The palace grounds are also home to several museums, including the Museum of Decorative Arts, which has an impressive collection of jewelry, objets d’art, textiles, and more dating back to medieval times.
- Spend time in beautiful Haga Park. Haga Park is a large park located just north of central Stockholm that’s perfect for Recreation Activities On A Cold Winter Day, such as sledding, skating, or tobogganing down its slopes! If you’re feeling energetic, there are also a few playgrounds scattered throughout the
Visit a world-renowned art museum
If you’re looking for a UNESCO World Heritage Site that keeps you entertained all day, visit the Royal Palace in Stockholm. This palace was built in 1628 and is a popular tourist destination.
The surrounding gardens are also beautiful and filled with sculptures and fountains. If art is something other than your thing, take a trip to the Vasa Museum to see one of the world’s most famous ships. This museum has exhibits on the history of sailing and shipbuilding.
Take a stroll along the canals
When it’s cold and snowing in Stockholm, there are plenty of things to do! One great way to take a stroll is along the canals. The waterways are lined with ornate bridges and sweet-smelling steamboats, making for a picturesque and relaxing walk. Another great option is checking out the Christmas markets in central Stockholm. You’ll be able to find all sorts of unique gifts, food and beverages, and festive decorations. If you’re looking for something more challenging, head out for a ski or snowboarding trip down at Åre Ski Resort. Or, if you’re looking for fun indoor activities, visit one of the many theaters or museums in town. No matter what you decide, bundle up and enjoy the cold weather in Stockholm!
Eat at a Michelin-starred restaurant
- Head to one of Stockholm’s Michelin-starred restaurants for a delicious meal. These establishments are known for their exquisite, creative cuisine and impeccable service.
- Sit by the fire and enjoy a gastronomic experience that will leave you satisfied and content. Try something new, like a meat dish cooked in wine or cheese sauce.
- If you’re feeling courageous, order an expensive course that might be out of your budget but is guaranteed to be memorable. And remember to sip on some bubbly while you indulge!
Catch a performance by a top orchestra
If you’re looking for a festive way to spend your day in Stockholm, consider catching a performance by the city’s top orchestra. The Royal Swedish Opera offers performances of classic operas in wintertime, and the concerts are always well-received by audiences. If you can’t get tickets right away, don’t worry – many of the opera’s other productions are worth checking out when it’s cold outside.
Make merry at an Oktoberfest celebration
Are you looking for something fun to do in the cold and snowy days of October? Why not head out to an Oktoberfest celebration in Stockholm? This lively event takes place throughout the city, with plenty of
Bavarian-style beers, delicious food, and cheerful music to keep you warm. If you can’t make it to Sweden during the festival season, don’t worry – there are plenty of other events happening in Stockholm throughout the month that you can enjoy too. So get dressed up in your best dirndl or lederhosen, and prepare to have a good time!
Shop at one of Stockholm’s famed department stores
If you’re looking for something to do in Stockholm during the cold and snowing season, there are a few department stores you should check out. H&M, Zara, and Nike are all popular choices for clothes and sneakers, respectively. You can also find various food options nearby at grocery stores like Ica or Nelly’s. Make sure to bundle up and enjoy your time in one of Sweden’s most beautiful cities while the weather is freezing outside!
Experience winter nightlife with friends
When in Stockholm, experience winter nightlife with friends! Bundle up and head to one of the city’s many cozy bars or nightclubs for a fun night. Here are our favorites:
Klubben is a super cozy bar located in Södermalm. It’s known for its great atmosphere and DJ activity during winter. And don’t forget to try their delicious cocktails!
If you’re looking for a more lively place to party, Gasoline is the place for you! This popular bar is always full of people having a good time. Their extensive drink menu includes everything from cold beers to hot toddies – perfect for staying warm all evening long.
- The Library:
The Library is an intimate lounge located in Norrmalm. It’s perfect for enjoying quiet reading and relaxation without feeling overwhelmed by loud music or people. They have a wide selection of drinks and snacks that will keep you fueled all night, so there’s no need to worry about eating before going out!
Pista is one of Stockholm’s most popular nightclubs, offering something for everyone! If you’re looking for dance-floor action, this is the place for you! If you’re more interested in chilling out with your friends, Pista
Winter is coming, and with it, the cold and snow. But don’t let that stop you from enjoying Stockholm’s best attractions! Here are ten of our favorites to keep you entertained while the weather turns for the worse:
-Visit Drottningholm Palace and admire its beautiful architecture in all its glory during a blizzard.
-Take a stroll along The Royal Canal in Kungsträdgården and feel like an explorer discovering new lands.
-Stay warm indoors at Acheron, one of Stockholm’s most popular galleries, or take in some of the city’s top art exhibitions.
-Sip hot chocolate by the fireplace at Chocolat by Lindex or enjoy some divine pastries at Konditori Willy Caffè.
-Marvel at how well Sweden has done during winter when visiting Vasa Museum – even parts of it have been transformed into an icy landscape!
-Take part in a traditional Swedish Christmas celebration at either Santa Lucia Church or Gloria Church.